12.06.2012

Pantone Color of the Year: Emerald

Okay so every year I get super excited to see what color Pantone picks as their "color of the year." Yes, in my previous life I was an art director who worked in *gasp* advertising, so I am somewhat of a nerd on the design front.

Last year, the color was Tangerine Tango, which I personally enjoyed because it was so bright and lively, and it showed up in a variety of projects and fabric lines.  This year the color is Emerald.

I am super excited by their choice this year. I am fascinated by color theory and the psychology of color. According to the press release, Emerald is perceived by many to be "luxurious, brilliant, and sophisticated" perception. It also is the color of growth and the color green represents unity and healing in many countries.

Finally, it is also "a color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony."

Seems like the ideal color for 2013.

Are you excited about the new color of the year? Do you think you will be using it in any of your projects this year?


5 comments:

Melissa said...

I am excited to see what people do with the color. Green is huge where I live, the evergreen state, but also because it is my hubby's favorite color.

Anna said...

Of the possible choices, that was actually my second choice after the more grassy green they also had as a possibility. Glad to see a green finally made it to the top.

BendingPins.com said...

I'm sorry I don't share your enthusiasm for the colour emerald. Orange, yes! This? No so much. It's not that I don't like green but *this* green just isn't my favorite. It'll probably grow on my after next year's colour is announced. :(

MBMathis said...

Green IS my color. I love it. I'm very excited that Emerald is this year's color. My duvet is green and gray, and that is the color scheme of my apartment. Also Emerald is the birthstone for May, and I'm a May baby.

Nat at Made in Home said...

That is a great colour for 2013!