10.10.2011

Sew Bee Blissful - October

Celynn, who blogs over at The Sunflower Patch, is one of my friends from the Sew Bee Blissful quilting bee that I am in. I love participating in this bee. For those of you who don't know, it is a group of 12 of us from all over the world who make 2 blocks for a quilts per month for a year. It's a load of fun.

Anyway this month, Celynn asked us to make these adorable owl blocks.



She sent us a bunch of excellent fabrics, including some of my favorites from DS Fairgrounds. I really enjoyed making these blocks and if you want to make them, I suggest checking out this blog for the instructions. The directions are really easy to understand and you can easily adjust the sizes for whatever size block you want.

Celynn asked everyone to include their favorite holiday recipe so I figured I'd share it all with you. Every year my mom bakes dozens and dozens of cookies of all different kinds for the holidays, and these oatmeal are some of my favorite. Enjoy!

Cinnamon Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:

3/4 cups of Shortening
1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup cinnamon chips (made by Hershey's...found in the baking aisle)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal 
1 cup flour
dash nutmeg + cloves

Beat sugars and shortening together in a mixer. Add egg, water, and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Combine dry ingredients in another bowl. Mix. Add to the egg mixture. Mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment papered cookie sheets. Bake in the oven at 350 F for 10 min (or until done). Store in an airtight container.



Also, don't forget to check back tomorrow for Stocking For Kids Tutorial Tuesday from none other than Cluck Cluck Sew!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with all of us! I am definitely going to make these. I bought some really cute fabric today for stockings!