8.18.2011

Sew Bee Blissful

This month is Jenna's month in the Sew Bee Blissful group that I am in. You should check out her awesome blog -- she has tons of great ideas and projects -- beware, you might lose track of time looking all all her stuff.

 This is the first month of the bee and I've been so excited to start because it is full of quilters from all over the world and I love meeting new people.

Jenna asked for double pinwheel blocks following this tutorial. It is pretty straightforward...I didn't want to ruin her lovely fabric so I made a test block for myself first...good thing too because I discovered that I might want to cut my half square triangles a bit bigger and then trim them down for perfect points.



Anyway here are the blocks I made with her wonderful fabric -- I especially like the purple fabrics. She asked for some blocks for the back of the quilt if we had any fabric left over so I made a few of those too.






All in all, I'd say the first month of this bee was a success!

No comments: